Bill Heston is Accorded Lifetime Membership
Following the nomination by several members of the Society, the Executive Board discussed and unanimously approved bestowing lifetime membership on William - “Wild Bill” - Heston. This honor recognizes years of service to the development of bonsai in Southeast Michigan. For years, Bill has labored to improve the quality of bonsai in our group and the Ann Arbor area. Bill deserves our gratitude and appreciation for his years of dedication. Thanks Bill.
- In the beginning, William Heston took classes with Connie Crancer at Matthaei Botanical Gardens and joined the Ann Arbor Bonsai Society soon after.
- In 2001, Bill was elected Recording Secretary and served one year.
- He was elected and served as Vice President / Program Chairperson from 2002 through 2004.
- In 2005, he was elected President and continued in that position through 2009.
- He has worked with Connie Crancer ever since he first took a bonsai class with her in 1999. He still volunteers three hours each week caring for the collection at MBG.
- A few years later he began working with Jack Wikle at Hidden Lake Gardens, devoting 3 hours (and 7 hours during the repotting season) each week to work on their collection.
- He has participated in many monthly meeting events, serving as a program leader or consultant.
Bill has contributed much of his time and effort in perpetuating the development of this group. I am confident that the Executive Board and the membership are pleased in honoring Bill with our appreciation.
Printable copy AABS honors Bill Heston